03 March 2010

long live print

I'm always on my iPhone, laptop, and workstation. However, there is just no replacing print media. I feel a lot older than my 30 years when I say that I need to be able to feel the cover of a book (sometimes they're so nice to touch), hear pages turn, tear sheets out of magazines and newspapers, crease corners to mark great passages. Like A sides and B sides on a turntable vs mp3s on shuffle, you get to know the content of your favorite photo books so much more intimately than that of your favorite blogs. I embrace technology - it's the backbone of my job - but it should augment, not replace print media. (plz)

i wonder if my 4-6 year old nephews and niece will agree with their uncle.

here's photographer roger ballen championing photo books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

internal links

Related Posts with Thumbnails