29 March 2010

feels like summer

What a great weekend.

+ perfect weather
+ late hangout with friends Friday night after work
+ boater's party Saturday (lots of grizzled, beer bellied old men, dijon sandwiches, and tecates in the Marina)
+ a great, six hour sail
+ How to Train Your Dragon in IMAX 3D (yes, after spending countless hours on the marketing campaign for this film, I spent my Saturday afternoon and $18 watching it. it's good!)
+ fun house party
+ another late night dancing to 70's R&B and 90's hip hop
+ perfect weather again today
+ bocci ball with friends in Santa Monica
+ Air at the Disney Music Hall

Air was great. They played a ton from Moon Safari. It's crazy, but this was my first time to the Disney Music Hall. My friend and I had seats behind the band. Staring at the back of their heads the whole time was interesting. It wasn't optimal, but it wasn't all that bad. Even though it was simply a matter of venue layout, I dreamt up a make believe statement by Air, like Miles Davis playing with this back to the audience. The major concession for me was not being able to see the visuals. They were projecting graphic textures behind the guys all night, but all we could see was the back of the screens. This did force me to focus more on the music.

















Next weekend is going to be another good one. Friday is a Silver Lake Farms CSA pickup. I think it's going to be another big assortment of leafy greens, some beets and turnips, and it sounds like I'm going to get some celery this time. I hope there are more japanese cucumbers. Those were good. Maybe I'll take my sister and my nephew Bryn sailing Friday (three day weekend!). I'm going to the Dodgers' final preseason game against hometown rival Angels on Saturday. Easter get together with the family Sunday.

My friends saw Washed Out at The Echo on Friday night, but I couldn't make it because I was at work. This user-created video for their "Feel it all Around" feels kind of like my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

internal links

Related Posts with Thumbnails